- Job Posting Title
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to international expansion.
- Conduct targeted market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on opportunities.
- Seek and develop international renewable energy projects.
- Review and evaluate project opportunities, including feasibility, policy, legal and finance etc.
- Collaborate with diverse teams (Mainland China technical and engineering etc.)
- Monitor performance of commercial activities and prepare reports for senior management.
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
- Proven experience in power project development.
- Good network with energy industry developers, banks and government.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- BSc/BA in engineering, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English. Proficiency in Chinese.
- Identify viable sites for wind and solar project development, using knowledge of energy markets, renewables, transmission, policies, permitting and environmental issues.
- Proven experience in working effectively in land and easements required for a utility scale or distributed renewable energy plants.
- Manage external development partners overseas, evaluate project feasibility study efficiently.
- Manage all our international wind/solar project development activities on one or more projects, including site identification, land acquisition, interconnection, environmental & technical, permitting, title, survey and other policy matters.
- Work jointly with other disciplines in China to conduct due diligence on, as well as to manage the development of projects.
- Develop overseas project in line with company objectives and assist in departmental budgeting process.
- Over 5 years of post-qualification experience in the development and execution of energy projects.
- Thorough understanding of leases and other contracts, relevant environmental issues, and wind industry trends.
- Experience in technical M&A and due diligence studies, and understanding of development risks.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English. Proficiency in Chinese (Mandarin) is preferred.
- Liaison with industry clients.
- Use standard wind and solar projecting software to analyse resources, design preliminary layouts, and calculate energy yields.
- Use company’s wind software systems to conduct analysis and field work.
- Project feasibility and due diligence.
- Promote and sell company’s software systems externally.
- Support other field engineering staff as required.
- Review and translate documentation in both Chinese and English
- At least 2 year experience in the renewable energy sector, less experience will consider as Technical Support.
- A science or engineering degree in earth or atmospheric sciences, or physics, or computer science, or electrical / mechanical fields.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin.
- Highly motivated, and able to work reliably without supervision.
- Confident and prepared to work in difficult field conditions, including working at heights and under cold or hot climates.